[ncl-talk] time_lat plot errors

Kiswendsida Hyacinthe GUIGMA karongseba at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 05:17:17 MST 2017

Hi!I am trying to make a time-latitude plot of rainfall using NCL. From a NetCDF that covers the region comprise between 0-20N and 10W-10E, I averaged over the longitudes and so my data became 2D (time,lat). As my original data are from GPCP where coordinates are n.5,(n+1).5 ... while me I want my data on n, n+1 ... I interpolated grids using linint1_n_Wrap function. But the problem is when I use the gsn_csm_lat_time function to plot I first got this error:1-
(0)     check_for_y_lat_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain a valid latitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.
(0)     A valid latitude coordinate array should have a 'units' attribute equal
to one of the following values:
(0)         'degrees_north' 'degrees-north' 'degree_north' 'degrees north' 'degrees_N' 'Degrees_north' 'degree_N' 'degreeN' 'degreesN' 'deg north'
warning:cnFillPalette is not a valid resource in time_lat1996_contour at this time
(0)     get_lat_values: Warning: Your latitude values do not fall between -90 and 90 inclusive.
(0)     You will not get 'nice' latitude labels.

Then after reading answers to similar problems in NCL-TALK I modified my code to include sfXArray and sfYArray and also to have exactly the same MetaData as in the original file for the latitude coordinate. Then the error changed a bit and become:2-
(0)     get_lat_values: Warning: Your latitude values do not fall between -90 and 90 inclusive.
(0)     You will not get 'nice' latitude labels.
In addition to that, the plot doesn't fit completely with the window (see attached).
Attached below: my code, the plot I got and the data I used.
Your help is well appreciated.

GUIGMA