[ncl-talk] calculate monthly anomaly

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Dec 13 17:18:18 MST 2017

Attached is an *un*documented and *un*supported function that (hopefully)
will 'pad' a series.

If you have x(lat,lon,time) .... it will have to be reordered because the
function currently pad only the leftmost dimension.

load "dim_pad.ncl"

   xr = x(time|:,lat|:,lon|:)

   X = *dim_pad*(xr, *12, 0*)  ; xr[*164*,nlat,mlon] ===> dim_pad(xr,12, 0)
===> X[*168* ][nlat][mlon]]

    x_clm = *clmMonTLL*(X)    ; *(12,lat,lon)*
    printVarSummary(x_clm)
    delete([/X, xr/])             ; delete temporary/work arrays