[ncl-talk] anaconda install ncl

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 17 11:54:27 MDT 2017

Hi Zhen,

I suspect that you may need to install a newer version of XQuartz (X11 for Mac): https://www.xquartz.org/ <https://www.xquartz.org/>

Could you please run the command “mdls -name kMDItemVersion /Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app” to check your XQuartz version?

For example, on my OS X Sierra 10.12 machine with a recent version of XQuartz installed, I get:
$ mdls -name kMDItemVersion /Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app
kMDItemVersion = "2.7.11”

Kevin