[ncl-talk] S1 skill score

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 15 08:04:41 MDT 2017

No need to loop over longitude or time or level ...

>From example 6

dTdX = *new* <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/new.shtml>
( (/ntim,klev,nlat,mlon/), *typeof*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/typeof.shtml>(T),
T at _FillValue)

   do nl=0,nlat-1                      ; loop over each latitude
      dX = 6378388.**cos*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/cos.shtml>(0.0174533*lat(nl))*dlon
 ; constant at this latitude
      dTdX(:,:,nl:nl,:) = *center_finite_diff_n* (T(:,:,nl:nl,:), dX ,
True,0,*3*)
   end do