[ncl-talk] Could NCL open GrADS Data Server

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Sun Aug 13 08:15:25 MDT 2017

Hi,

NCL considers the dotted names as invalid syntax. I'm really not sure why
offhand -- perhaps historically invalid naming in NetCDF 3? Maybe an
outright bug? I'll check into it.

In any case, as a work-around you can use NCL's dynamic variable name
substitution feature; e.g.,

   stmp = "reports.lat"
   lats = f->$stmp$

This works for me -- its a bit cumbersome, but it will get you going.

Rick