[ncl-talk] Could NCL open GrADS Data Server

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 11 20:59:18 MDT 2017

Hi Rabah,

I was able to open this file with an NCL:

  f=addfile("http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/stn/metar/past48","r")

The response time took on the order of a minute (this evening), but it did
it. Your version NCL has to be OpenDAP enabled for such a network file
connection, which is optional to building NCL. Do you know where/how/what
your version of NCL was built for?  I unfortunately don't know how to make
NCL tell you its configuration :-/

Rick