[ncl-talk] sub: Netcdf error ..

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 2 13:01:48 MDT 2017

Dale,

We don't have enough information to go on here.

It always helps to provide your NCL script, or at least part of it, so we
know what you are trying to do.

I imagine part of the issue is that you are using a version of NCL that is
over 4 years old.  I recommend upgrading to NCL V6.4.0.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/

If you need to use NCL V6.1.2, then please provide your script.

Finally, did you try googling this error message?  I did, and it seems to
point to having an HDF4 library that was built with NetCDF enabled. Since
NCL depends on both HDF4 and NetCDF, you have to build HDF4 with NetCDF
*disabled*, otherwise NCL won't use the correct NetCDF interface. If you
built NCL from source code, then you need to make sure HDF4 is built with
"--disable-netcdf".

--Mary