[ncl-talk] Plotting shape file to SPI map

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 26 09:15:05 MDT 2017

Dawit,

Please respond back to ncl-talk when you have follow-up questions.

The problem is that you are misspelling "gsnAddCyclic".  It looks like you
tried two different ones:

warning:gsn_add_cyclic is not a valid resource in spi_shapefile_contour at
this time

warning:gsnAddcyclic is not a valid resource in spi_shapefile_contour at
this time

It should be:

res at gsnAddCyclic = True    ; Note that 'A' and 'C' are uppercase

You must read your error messages carefully. It was telling you that the
resource was not valid, which either means you've misspelled it, or you are
setting a resource that doesn't exist for a particular plot function (e.g.
trying to set a vector color resource when creating a contour plot).

--Mary