[ncl-talk] function vinth2p

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 26 08:06:13 MDT 2017

I would not use 'vinth2p' with 'fake' vertical vertical hybrid 'A'
coefficients.
'vinth2p' was developed for the CAM hybrid model.

  *p(k) = a(k)*p0 + b(k)*ps*

Since, 'ps' (surface pressure) is variable the 'top' calculated pressure
would also be variable.

Attached is a script that, I think, does what you want.
===

NOTE: Automatic loading of NCL library scripts:

>From 6.2.0 onward, you no longer need to include the following load
commands at the top of your NCL script:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

>From 6.4.0 onwards, the following scripts are automaticall loaded:

    "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
    "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
    "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"
    "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl"
    "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/bootstrap.ncl"
    "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/extval.ncl"
    "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl"
'