[ncl-talk] colur table issue

Saurabh Singh saurabhsingh123op at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 05:23:55 MDT 2017

NCL version 6.4.0

I am using ncl to plot wrf and TRMM output side by side. My contour
settings are following for TRMM:

  res at cnLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels"
  res at cnMinLevelValF  = 1. ; set the minimum contour level
  res at cnMaxLevelValF  = 30. ; set the maximum contour level
  res at cnLevelSpacingF = 2.
  res at cnFillPalette = "precip2_17lev"
plot(1) = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,rain3,res)

and for WRF my contour settings are following:

  opts at cnLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels"
  opts at cnMinLevelValF  = 1. ; set the minimum contour level
  opts at cnMaxLevelValF  = 30. ; set the maximum contour level
  opts at cnLevelSpacingF = 2.
  ;opts at cnLevels     = cl1
  opts at cnFillPalette = "precip2_17lev"
  contour = wrf_contour(b,wks,full(:,:),opts)
   plot(0) = wrf_map_overlays(b,wks,(/contour/),pltres,mpres)

However, in my plots, i see a mismatch between the WRF and TRMM contour
color table. i.e TRMM has an orange for range(23-25) while WRF [image:
Inline images 1]has yellow for this range. please find the attached plots.

Regards

--
With regards
Saurabh Kumar singh

 *P** : * *Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail*