[ncl-talk] Understanding error messages in NCL

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 12 09:24:50 MDT 2017

We've had a number of people posting questions about NCL scripts that are
giving them error or warning messages they don't understand.

Here's an FAQ page that we have on the more commonly seen NCL error
messages:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Language/error_messages.shtml

This page explains how each error is caused and how to fix it.

We are always trying to improve this page, so let us know if you run into
an error that you don't see here, or if something doesn't make sense.

If you forget the link to this page, you can always find it under "Support"
link in the black bar of the NCL web pages.

   [ Support->Error Messages ]