[ncl-talk] Panel plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 12 09:13:21 MDT 2017

Guilherme,

Thanks for providing your data and script. I was able to run it without any
modifications.

There are two issues:

One is that you are calling "draw(plot)" outside the do loop, which causes
only the last plot to be drawn.

The second is that in four of your eight plots, you are trying to plot data
that is all missing.

If you do a "printMinMax" on each subsetted data inside the loop, you will
see where it is all missing.

I took out all the graphics and just left the "do" loop with some print
statements. See the attached read_data.ncl script.

I also modified your boxplot.ncl script to skip the drawing of the graphics
if the data is all missing, so you don't get all those errors. I moved the
"draw" command to inside the do loop. You'll see that only four plots get
drawn.

--Mary