[ncl-talk] unable to figure out warning messages. and some other issues.

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Fri Apr 7 08:50:34 MDT 2017

1.
The warnings are most likely coming from your gsn_coordinates call.  You set mkres = Rests1 which mean you pass all those resources to gsn_coordinates, which is probably unnecessary.   These don’t really matter though, the function is just telling you that they don’t have any effect.

2.
mpOceanFillColor  will only work if you can see the maps ocean.  I’m assuming from a very quick glance at a long script, that the majority of your plot is actually contoured white, and is covering up the ocean.  You could set the lowest level of colours to be transparent.  You could double check your map resources by passing them to gsn_csm_map() and checking that looks how you desire.  Then add the contours to find the sticking point.

3.
from the gsn_coordinates documentation:
"If gsnCoordsAttach is set to True, then the lines or markers will be attached to plot, and nothing will get drawn until you draw the plot. This is mainly useful for if you need to draw the plot later, say in a panel plot."

Good luck,

Alan

Alan Brammer,
Post-Doc Researcher

Department of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences,
University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, NY, 12222
abrammer at albany.edu