[ncl-talk] Vertical circulation plot

Gurer, Kemal@ARB kemal.gurer at arb.ca.gov
Thu Sep 29 14:41:13 MDT 2016

Hello,

I am trying to plot vertical circulation along a vertical cross section from MPAS model results similar to the one I had generated from WRF model results (see screenshot2.gif). However, I can generate neither the vectors, nor the circulation that I am trying to visualize (see screenshot1.gif). I attached the script (xsect_circ.ncl) that I had obtained from MPAS model web page and modified it to do what I want. Apparently I am doing something wrong so that I cannot get the plot. Can you help me to find out what I am doing wrong? Do I need to interpolate the MPAS grid that is on an unstructured hexagonal grid to (time, lat, lon, vert) grid similar to WRF? Since the u and w data are on two dimensional arrays of the same length in my script, I thought it should work. I posted this question to MPAS web page but since it is also an ncl question, I thought maybe this would be a better place to ask.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Kemal.