[ncl-talk] NCL builds for macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 28 08:55:14 MDT 2016

Hi Bill,

We only just finally got switched over to El Capitan, so Sierra is not on
our radar screen yet.

However, I just rebuilt the El Capitan NCL binary yesterday, using
gcc/gfortran 6.1.0 (downloaded from hpc.sourceforge.net) in order to
address some of the problems we were seeing. If you haven't had a chance to
try that binary, I recommend it.

Here's the information I sent to ncl-install about this new binary:

OPeNDAP version: https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.630.0/file.html

(file "ncl_ncarg-6.3.0.MacOS_10.11_64bit_gcc610.tar.gz
<https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/download/fileDownload.html?logicalFileId=fa161bc1-84c7-11e6-8aa0-00c0f03d5b7c>
")

or

non OPeNDAP version: https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.630.1/file.
html

(file "ncl_ncarg-6.3.0.MacOS_10.11_64bit_nodap_gcc610.tar.gz
<https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/download/fileDownload.html?logicalFileId=4b7137ab-84ca-11e6-8aa0-00c0f03d5b7c>
")

Let me know how it goes.  If you get an error, you can email me offline
about it, and then we can post back to ncl-talk if we get a solution.