[ncl-talk] Transform "Times" variable in WRF to local time

Tabish Ansari tabishumaransari at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 10:08:09 MDT 2016

Hi

I'm creating lots of instantaneous panelplots for WRF data with the
appropriate time-stamp on each panel. I'm doing this by simply using
pnlres at txstring = times(it) where:

times = wrf_user_getvar(a,"times",-1)
and "it" is the standard increment variable in the loop.

This is the standard method and works fine but the times are obviously in
UTC. I want to print local time (in my case UTC + 8) instead, but I'm not
sure how to do this in a clean way as times is a string variable.

Please suggest a nice way to go about this issue.

Thanks

Tabish

Tabish U Ansari
PhD student, Lancaster Environment Center
Lancaster Univeristy
Bailrigg, Lancaster,
LA1 4YW, United Kingdom