[ncl-talk] FW: RAP coordinate issue in NCL

Black, Forrest (LARC-D318)[UNIVERSITIES SPACE RESEARCH ASSOCIATION] forrest.black at nasa.gov
Tue Sep 20 14:43:16 MDT 2016

Hello all,

I am trying to overlay wind data from RAP onto a reflectivity contour plot.
The script (test5.ncl) works for the most part, but I keep getting the message "Warning: Data either does not contain a valid latitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all."
The RAP file has been uploaded to the ncl-talk ftp an is named "fblack_sample.grb2".
Attached is the script along with an example of a script that successfully plots the RAP data (working_coords.ncl).
When I try to use the variables in my script the way the other script does, I am left with a series of fatal error messages.

The version I am using is 6.3.0 and the relevant files are attached.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Forrest Black