[ncl-talk] Changing land use in WRF

Jacob Alberto Garcia jacob_garcia at dlsu.edu.ph
Mon Sep 12 19:34:31 MDT 2016

HiGuys,

i wrfhelp!

Me and my research group are trying to change the land use used in wrf for
metro manila. Using the 30s landuse, Maye you guys know anything about how
I can do this? metro manila is seen as an urban areawhich is true; however
the 2nd file below shows that we want to further divide it into
residential, industrial, informal settler areas, forests, parks, etc. It
has 27 categories. below is a figure of what we previously used

Now, first do I edit the geog files like landuse 30s? Are the geog files
binary? Also, with changing that one blob of urban area into 27 categories,
how do I do the editing of this?

Ive read editing the geo em fils wuld come out easier, but what do i edit
in geo em files?

[image: Inline image 1]

I am also confused as to how to do this just for the blue blob (urban area)
without affecting the rest of the landuse 30s data from USGS.

Would also need to edit each of these files? such as:

NUDAPT44_1km albedo_ncep clayfrac_5m greenfrac greenfrac_fpar_modis hangl
hanis hasynw hasys hasysw hasyw hcnvx hlennw hlens hlensw hlenw hslop hstdv
hzmax islope lai_modis_10m lai_modis_30s lake_depth landuse_10m landuse_5m
landuse_2m landuse_30s landuse_30s_with_lakes maxsnowalb
modis_landuse_20class_30s modis_landuse_20class_15s
modis_landuse_21class_30s nlcd2006_ll_30s nlcd2006_ll_9s nlcd2011_can_ll_9s
nlcd2011_imp_ll_9s nlcd2011_ll_9s orogwd_2deg orogwd_1deg orogwd_30m
orogwd_20m orogwd_10m sandfrac_5m soiltemp_1deg soiltype_bot_10m
soiltype_bot_5m soiltype_bot_2m soiltype_bot_30s soiltype_top_10m
soiltype_top_5m soiltype_top_2m soiltype_top_30s ssib_landuse_10m
ssib_landuse_5m topo_10m topo_5m topo_2m topo_30s topo_gmted2010_30s
varsso_10m varsso_5m varsso_2m varsso

Again Sorry for disturbing you.

Thank you so much for any help you may provide us,
Hoping for some help!

--
 <http://www.dlsu.edu.ph> <https://www.facebook.com/DLSU.Manila.100>
<http://instagram.com/dlsu> <https://twitter.com/dlsumanila>

DISCLAIMER AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information contained in this e-mail, including those in its
attachments, is confidential and intended only for the person(s) or
entity(ies) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient,
you must not read, copy, store, disclose, distribute this message, or act
in reliance upon the information contained in it. If you received this
e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer or system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of De La Salle
University.