[ncl-talk] lanczos filter

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 12 15:34:19 MDT 2016

Oi Marilia

[SNIP]

;************************************************
; create BandPass Filter
;************************************************
  ihp      = 2                                    ; bpf=>band pass filter
=> (BPF)
  nWgt     = 201
  sigma    = 1.0                              ; Lanczos sigma
  fca      = 1./100.
  fcb      = 1./20.
  wgt      = filwgts_lanczos (nWgt, ihp, fca, fcb, sigma )

;***********************************************************
; Read daily U anomalies
;***********************************************************

   fili    = "uwnd.day."+plev+".anomalies.1980-2005.nc"
   f       = addfile (diri+fili , "r")
   TIME    = f->time                          ; days since ...
   YMD     = ut_calendar(TIME, -2)            ; entire (time,6)

   iStrt   = ind(YMD.eq.ymdStrt)              ; index start
   iLast   = ind(YMD.eq.ymdLast)              ; index last
   delete(TIME)
   delete(YMD )

   x       = f->U_anom(iStrt:iLast,:,:)       ; U_anom_sm
   printVarSummary(x)
   printMinMax(x, True)

 [SNIP]

;************************************************
; Apply the Lanczos band pass filter weights to the original anomalies
(time,lat,lon)

  xBPF = wgt_runave_n_Wrap (x, wgt, 0, 0)     ; BPF (Band Pass Filtered)
[SNIP]

If you do a
  printVarSummary(xBPF)
  printMinMax(xBPF,0)

You will 'see' the xBPF contains the Lanczos filtered daily values.

========