[ncl-talk] Availability of the speidx() function before 6.4 release?

Jared Lee jaredlee at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 8 16:17:43 MDT 2016

The R package 'SPEI' is the supported, debugged version of code that can be
used to calculate this index:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/SPEI/index.html
http://sac.csic.es/spei/

The R package also has more advanced options for calculating the
evapotranspiration than did the 'speidx' NCL function. I'd recommend using
the R package for that reason alone.

Jared

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 10:07 PM, Mary Haley <haley at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Please be aware that we have pulled this function from the 6.4.0 release,
> and thus this documentation will no longer apply. We may consider keeping a
> deprecated version of this function, but for now, we are not documenting or
> advertising it.
>
> Sorry!
>
> --Mary
>

> On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 8:25 AM, HAVENER, KEVIN F GS-12 USAF ACC 14 WS/WXED
> <kevin.havener at us.af.mil> wrote:
>
>> Here is the man page:
>>
>> https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/speidx.shtml
>>
>> Kevin Havener