[ncl-talk] cnConstFEnableFill Resource Not Working

Samuel Roback scroback at ncsu.edu
Wed Oct 26 12:16:29 MDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm having a lot of trouble with the cnConstFEnableFill resource. I'm
plotting QPF from the GFS. On some of the smaller scale domains, the values
are constant...since there is no accumulated precipitation in the domain at
certain FHOURS.

I have cnConstFEnableFill = True, however I still receive this error from
NCL: warning:ContourPlotInitialize: scalar field is constant; no contour
lines will appear; use cnConstFEnableFill to enable fill

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, maybe another resource is causing
problems? I've include the subset of my script where I set my resources for
the plot. If additional information is required, let me know.

apcpres = True

apcpres at mpOutlineOn = True

apcpres at mpProjection = "Orthographic"

apcpres at mpOutlineBoundarySets = "GeophysicalAndUSStates"

apcpres at mpDataBaseVersion = "Ncarg4_1"

apcpres at mpDataSetName = "Earth..4"

apcpres at mpUSStateLineThicknessF = 3.5

apcpres at mpNationalLineThicknessF = 3.5

apcpres at mpGeophysicalLineThicknessF = 3.5

;apcpres at mpFillOn = True

;apcpres at mpMonoFillColor = True

;apcpres at mpFillColor = "white"

apcpres at mpLimitMode = "LatLon" ;Limit the map extent by Lat/Lon

apcpres at mpMinLatF = BOTTOMLAT + LATMASK

apcpres at mpMaxLatF = TOPLAT - LATMASK

apcpres at mpMinLonF = LEFTLON + LONMASK

apcpres at mpMaxLonF = RIGHTLON - LONMASK

apcpres at mpCenterLonF = (apcpres at mpMinLonF + apcpres at mpMaxLonF)/2

apcpres at mpCenterLatF = (apcpres at mpMinLatF + apcpres at mpMaxLatF)/2

apcpres at mpLambertParallel1F = BOTTOMLAT

apcpres at mpLambertParallel2F = TOPLAT

apcpres at mpLambertMeridianF = (apcpres at mpMinLonF + apcpres at mpMaxLonF)/2

;*****************************************************************************************************

apcpres at cnInfoLabelOn = False

apcpres at gsnRightString = ""

apcpres at gsnLeftString = ""

apcpres at gsnTickMarksOn = False

;apcpres at lbTitleOn = True

;apcpres at lbTitleFontColor = "white"

;apcpres at lbTitleFontHeightF = .01

;apcpres at lbTitlePosition = "Bottom"

;apcpres at lbTitleOffsetF = 0.20

apcpres at lbAutoManage = False

apcpres at pmLabelBarWidthF = 0.6

apcpres at lbLabelFontColor = "white"

apcpres at lbLabelPosition = "Top"

apcpres at lbLabelFontHeightF = 0.0075

apcpres at gsnFrame = False

apcpres at gsnDraw = False

apcpres at gsnMaximize = True

apcpres at gsnAddCyclic = False

;******************************************************************************************************

apcpres at cnFillOn = True

;apcpres at cnFillMode = "CellFill"

apcpres at cnLinesOn = False

apcpres at cnConstFEnableFill = True

apcpres at cnConstFLabelOn = False

apcpres at cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"

apcpres at lbLabelStride = 1

apcpres at cnLevels = (/ 0.01, 0.05, 0.10, 0.20, 0.30, 0.40, 0.50, 0.60, 0.70,
0.80, 0.90/)

apcpres at cnFillColors = (/ "white", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9",
"10", "11", "12"/)

apcpres at pmLabelBarParallelPosF = .5

apcpres at pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF = 0.0

apcpres at pmLabelBarHeightF = .02