[ncl-talk] Error reading grib file

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 25 17:21:10 MDT 2016

Please contact the data set expert listed at the RDA website.

--

FYI: the gage.hrly.prcp.yyyymmdd data are in ASCII by stations, not grib.

--

Try

%> less gage.hrly.prcp.20020101

---

Or you can use ST2gg2002010100.Grb.Z file in ST2_4km file, or
ST4.2002010100.01h.Z grib file in ST4 tar file.

---
FYI only:  http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HiResPrc.shtml

See the ST4 examples at the bottom