[ncl-talk] Vector plot with 1-D coordinate data

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:45:28 MDT 2016

Wow, didn’t know about that option. Thanks a lot!
Unfortunately by using this it is impossible (I guess) to control the density of the arrows since they are drawn at every lat and lon specified in the arrays, which makes the plot not really readable (see attached). I set the arrow length to almost zero, so that only the head is visible, otherwise the plot was entirely filled with black...
I should find a way of making lat, lon, u and v arrays sparser, maybe.

Also, since you are here: is there any way of making the bounding box of the plot round instead of squared, in order to follow the interior shape?

Thanks.

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista.org <http://guidocioni.altervista.org/>