[ncl-talk] Forgot to post script - Panelling & plot sizes

Juris Almonte Juris.Almonte at umanitoba.ca
Fri Oct 21 11:40:07 MDT 2016

Hi NCL users,

I would like the plots within my panel to be of the same size, at least in the x axis, as they have the same dimensions on the x axis and differ on the y axis.

Here is the part of the script which panelled the plots.

res_contour = True
res_contour at gsnPanelBottom = 0.25
res_contour at gsnFrame = False
res_contour at gsnDraw = False
res_contour at gsnPanelLabelBar = True

panelid1 = gsn_panel_return(wks,plot_contour,(/3,2/),res_contour)

;---Calculate location for top of difference plots
bb     = NhlGetBB(panelid1)
bottom = min(bb(:,1))
top    = max(bb(:,0))
height = (top-bottom)/3.     ; Height of one row

;---Panel the diff plots at the bottom
res_bar = True
res_bar at gsnPanelTop       = bottom-0.01    ; lower 1/4 plus some white space
;res_bar at gsnPanelBottom    = res_bar at gsnPanelTop - height
res_bar at pmLabelBarHeightF = 0.20
res_bar at gsnFrame = False
res_bar at gsnDraw = False
res_bar at gsnPanelScalePlotIndex = 2
panelid2 = gsn_panel_return(wks,plot_bar,(/1,2/),res_bar)

maximize_output(wks,True)

I used example panel_33.ncl for reference, using gsn_panel_return.

Thanks in advance,

Juris
M.Sc. student
University of Manitoba[cid:E84262F2-FD53-466C-BED9-AC6DD61CC36B at wifi.ad.umanitoba.ca]