[ncl-talk] Vector plot with 1-D coordinate data

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 03:19:03 MDT 2016

Hi all,
I believe this is more of a request for the developers.

Is there any way of making a vector plot using 1-D coordinate arrays? I’m using data from an unstructured grid so that every time I have to plot something I’m always using a variable similar to var(time, level, ncell) which can be plotted with contours using the special resources sfXArray and sfYArray. However, when doing vector plots the u and v component of the wind MUST be 2-Dimensional according to the documentation. Thus, setting the appropriate resources vfXArray, vfYArray does not help…
Is it something that will be implemented in 6.4 ?

Cheers

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista.org <http://guidocioni.altervista.org/>