[ncl-talk] 4 sub-blocks of a 3D matrix in satellite data

Yang, Xiaoxin yang.1143 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 11 21:43:16 MDT 2016

Dear Dennis,
Thank you for your reply. It is said that each observation has an averaging kernel matrix. The grid_pressure_composite includes 34 levels, with index 0 to 16 referring to hdo and the remaining levels to h2o. Hdo and h2o vapor mixing ratio are retrieved simultaneously.
Each averaging kernel matrix has 4 sub-blocks correspond to the HDO/H2O ratio estimate , the H2o estimate and then the cross-terms.
The guide also explains that if the matrix is 32x32 then there are 4 components that are each 16x16 elements long.
Yet I still felt uncertain about the structure. Will this clarification help you in figuring out the structure of the sub block of the 3D matrix?

在 2016年10月11日,下午10:46,Dennis Shea <shea at ucar.edu<mailto:shea at ucar.edu>> 写道:

TES-Aura satellite data for HDO:

Not sure what to say.  We have not seen these files. Certainly, I have not read any documentation. Does the indexing in the documentation you read say it is 1- or 0-based?