[ncl-talk] File Output Suffixes

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 4 20:23:15 MDT 2016

Hi Kacie,

The awkward numbering suffix to the filenames comes because PNG is not a
multi-page/multi-frame file format, so multiple plots to the same
workstation device cause this to happen. Perhaps one solution is to, after
each plot you generate, you could delete the workstation variable (ie.g,
delete(wks), which despite the verbiage, merely causes it to close the
file), and then re-open a new workstation with the textual prefix you want
it to have for the next plot.

Hope that helps!
Rick