[ncl-talk] Writing data to the existing record dimension of a netCDF

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Wed Nov 30 12:45:37 MST 2016

Will,

Find a completely different netcdf-4 file, preferably a very small and
simple one, and retry my simple test to overwrite a single time coordinate
value.  This will help differentiate between a file problem and an NCL
problem.

Also try one other thing.  If by any chance your files are on a file
server, then make local copies on your mac, and repeat the tests.  My work
group has recently experienced compatibility problems with NFS mounted file
servers and netcdf-4 files, accessed from Mac.

--Dave