[ncl-talk] Label Bar Position

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 28 12:10:14 MST 2016

Hi Barry,
I think you are looking for lbTitleOffsetF:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/lb.shtml#lbTitleOffsetF

For a list of examples that use this resource (and show example settings)
go here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/res_list.shtml
and search on the page for lbTitleOffsetF

Hope that helps. If not, let the ncl-talk email list know.
Adam

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 4:35 AM, Barry Lynn <barry.h.lynn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I'd like to better (more closely) position to the label bar, but I don't
> see which resource to set, possibly from this page.
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/lb.shtml
>
> for "lbTitleString."
>
> Here is a snippet of my code.
>
> Thank you for your suggestions.
>
>     res1 at pmLabelBarDisplayMode = "Always"       ; turns on label bar
>     res1 at lbOrientation         = "Vertical"
>     res1 at pmLabelBarSide        = "Right"
>     res1 at lbLabelAutoStride =   True
>     res1 at pmLabelBarWidthF      = 0.20
>     res1 at pmLabelBarHeightF     = 0.7
>     res1 at lbLabelFontHeightF    = .020
>     res1 at lbPerimOn             = False
>     res1 at lbLabelFont      = "Helvetica"         ; label font
>     res1 at lbTitleOn        =  True               ; turn on title
> ;   res1 at lbTitleString    = "[~S~o~N~C]"        ; title string
> ;   res1 at lbTitleString    = "mm"        ; title string
>     res1 at lbTitleString    = "mm"        ; title string
>     res1 at lbTitlePosition  = "Bottom"               ; title position
>     res1 at lbTitleFontHeightF= .025               ; make title smaller
>     res1 at lbTitleDirection = "Across"            ; title direction
>
> --
> Barry H. Lynn, Ph.D
> Senior Lecturer,
> The Institute of the Earth Science,