[ncl-talk] Boundary city limits (case of Manaus-AM contours in Brazil)

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Sat Nov 26 18:17:58 MST 2016

Prof. Velga,

I do not think there are any city boundaries programmed into NCL.  Please
look to external sources for shape files for the city boundaries that you
need.  There are many on-line sources for shape files.  Several of these
sources are mentioned on the NCL examples page for shape files:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml

When you have the shape files that you need, you can add them to NCL plots
as overlays.  Please see example shapefiles_7 on the same web page for an
example of how to plot an outline shape file as an overlay.  Use the
function gsn_add_shapefile_polylines to plot outline shape files.

--Dave