[ncl-talk] About mesh range of lon lat plot.

Tao Lu hakufu.asano at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 22:46:56 MST 2016

Mary, David

Thank you very much for your warm helping.
It is clear now.

I am still have other questions about raster plot.
1. Is it possible to adjust the box's position? For example, make the (x,y)
at sw corner of the box.

2. Is it possible to define raster boxes' size? For example different size
in different position.

3. Is it possible to plot the outline of the boxes? Some boxes have the
same color which makes it hard to identify boxes.

Thank you very much.

Tao

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 6:04 AM, David Brown <dbrown at ucar.edu> wrote:

> I would like to add a bit to Mary's description. A Raster-filled plot can
> work 2 different ways depending on the setting of the resource
> "cnRasterSmoothingOn". If cnRasterSmoothing is set False (the default),
>  then the color assigned will depend on the value associated with the grid
> box or boxes that occupy the most area around the data value. Note that
> depending on the raster resolution there can be less than one or more than
> one data value contained in a single raster cell.
> If cnRasterSmoothing on is set True then the value associated with a
> raster cell is calculated as a area-weighted average of all the data values
> within the cell. Then the color is determined by where this value falls
> within the array of contour levels setup by the user.
>  -dave
>

> On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Mary Haley <haley at ucar.edu> wrote:
>
>> Tao,
>>
>> Please see attached script and image.  This shows what a raster plot is
>> doing.  NCL constructs a box around each data value, and whatever range of
>> your contour levels this data value falls in, the box will be filled in
>> that color.
>>
>> The dots in the image show the X,Y locations of the data, which you can
>> see are centered in the box that NCL constructs.  The values show the
>> actual value of that data point.
>>
>> --Mary
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 2:04 AM, Tao Lu <hakufu.asano at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello ncl-talk
>>>
>>> When I plot raster contour, I have the data(nlon,nlat).
>>>
>>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>> When I have one point data (red point), which color will be used to fill
>>> color?
>>> Does raster fill work when if I have a varied delta lon or delta lat?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> Tao
>>>
>>> --
>>> ******************************************************
>>> Tao Lu    (M. Eng)
>>> Laboratory of River Engineering and Hydrology,
>>> Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering,
>>> Graduate School of Science and Engineering,
>>> Chuo University
>>>
>>> 1-13-27,Kasuga,Bunkyo-ku,Tokyo
>>> 112-8551, Japan
>>> TEL: 03-3817-1805;   Phone: 070-2188-7509
>>> Email1: hakufu.asano at gmail.com <mail%3Amet.yamos at gmail.com>
>>> Email2: lutao at civil.chuo-u.ac.jp <mail%3Ayamoto at civil.chuo-u.ac.jp>

盧 涛 (ル タオ) 修士課程2年

〒112-8551 東京都文京区春日1-13-27

中央大学理工学研究科都市環境学専攻

河川・水文研究室(山田正教授)

TEL: 03-3817-3406;   Phone: 070-2188-7509