[ncl-talk] Box Plots!

Buzan, Jonathan R jbuzan at purdue.edu
Thu Nov 10 13:14:54 MST 2016

Hello NCL-Talk,

I am attempting to reduce the number lines in my code (thus reducing mistakes).  I am not sure how to call discontinuous indexes in one line of code.

I have a variety of variables to plot as Box and Whiskers.  The data is resulting from using the NCL function stat_dispersion.  For my box plots, I am interested in plotting the following percentiles: 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th, and 90th (indexes 3,6,8,10,13, respectively).

ex. code.

Box_Plot_var(0,0) = VAR_stat_data(3)
Box_Plot_var(0,1) = VAR_stat_data(6)
Box_Plot_var(0,2) = VAR_stat_data(8)
Box_Plot_var(0,3) = VAR_stat_data(10)
Box_Plot_var(0,4) = VAR_stat_data(13)

attempting to get something like:
Box_Plot_var(0,:) = VAR_stat_data(3,6,8,10,13)

-Jonathan