[ncl-talk] Bootstrap or monte carlo simulation test for significance of composites

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 4 10:21:58 MDT 2016

The link mentioned in the archive

   ftp://filsrv.cicsnc.org/carl/examples/composite/

works fine. Please retry.

NOTE: ncl-talk did **not** create this. Given the source, I am sure it is
correct. However, it is your responsibility to read the paper and and work
through the code.

===
NCL and bootstrapping.

As noted in the future release link

     http://test.ncl.ucar.edu/future_release.shtml

there is a 'bpptstrap' library available. Further, on the examples page

     http://test.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/bootstrap.shtml

there are examples of doing boot strapping.

The beta library is at:
http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/~shea/bootstrap.ncl_beta_640

You can download and use

   load "./bootstrap.ncl_beta_640"