[ncl-talk] Plot precipitation data without lat/lon coordinates

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri May 27 10:47:35 MDT 2016

Hi Andrew,

Sorry about the delay in response. I've been in meetings for the last few
days and only now catching up.

To help see where you are on the map, you can turn on special map tickmarks:

res at pmTickMarkDisplayMode = "Always"

Without your data, I can't really say for certain if you are doing things
correctly. But even with the data file, this is sometimes a guessing game.

If this data file came with documentation, then they may have included some
information about where to get the actual lat/lon coordinates of your
data.  Sometimes they are provided on another file, or they might have a
way to calculate them. You can then use this information to plot your data
using real lat/lon coordinates, and compare it to your "native" plot.

--Mary