[ncl-talk] animation: delete polyline from plot ?

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Sat May 21 09:41:13 MDT 2016

Hi Karin,

Rather than use gns_add_polyline, which associates the line with the plot,
what about gsn_polyline, which just graphically overlays the line.  I think
I was able to achieve something like what you are after with the attached
script. The essence of the drawing is this:

  deltaLon = (lon2 - lon1) / 5.
  deltaLat = (lat2 - lat1) / 5.
  do i=0,4
     draw(plot1)
     gsn_polyline(wks, plot1, (/lon1+deltaLon*i, lon1+deltaLon*(i+1)/),   \
                             (/lat1+deltaLat*i, lat1+deltaLat*(i+1)/),   \
                 pres)
     frame(wks)
  end do

Hope that helps...