[ncl-talk] Plot precipitation data without lat/lon coordinates

Andrew Kren - NOAA Affiliate andrew.kren at noaa.gov
Fri May 20 10:43:58 MDT 2016

Dear ncl-talk,

I am trying to plot precipitation data of radar and station data from the
NWS. It is in netcdf form. When I read in the data, the array of
precipitation is two dimensional as expected in (lat,lon). However, there
are no lat/lon coordinate arrays in the netcdf file. It only gives me the 4
corners of the lon / lat grid. I am sending the filedump of the netcdf file
so you can see the format.

Is there a way in ncl to plot the data on a map without the given
coordinate arrays?

Andrew Kren, PhD
Research Scientist I, Global Observing Systems Analysis (GOSA) Group
NOAA ESRL Global Systems Division (Rm 3C515)
325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305
(303) 497-5418