[ncl-talk] Segmentation fault when writing to ascii text file

Andrew Kren - NOAA Affiliate andrew.kren at noaa.gov
Wed May 18 09:06:31 MDT 2016

Hi,

I am getting a segmentation fault when writing data to a text file. It
worked earlier when I had less satellite statistics to write. But when I
added more, I started getting this segmentation fault. It appears to happen
on the first text file, right after it writes the table header. I am not
sure how to fix this. I've tried several exit commands and not sure how to
rectify the error. The code is attached.

Andrew Kren, PhD
Research Scientist I, Global Observing Systems Analysis (GOSA) Group
NOAA ESRL Global Systems Division (Rm 3C515)
325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305
(303) 497-5418