[ncl-talk] how controll the width of a plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri May 13 09:59:48 MDT 2016

Francesco,

See example panel_38.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex38

The key is to use the gsnPanelTop/Bottom/Left/Right resources to define
each area of a unit square that you want to draw the panels in. These areas
should present the layout of the plots you plan to panel.

For example, if you are going to panel a row of three plots in one call,
and two rows of three plots in a second call, then the first panel should
get 1/3 of the unit square (gsnPanelTop = 1, gsnPanelBottom = 2./3.), and
the second panel should get the bottom 2/3 of the unit square (gsnPanelTop
= 2./3., gsnPanelBottom = 0.)

If this doesn't help, please respond to ncl-talk, but it would help if you
include your script and data so we can run it here.