[ncl-talk] zoom bug with Area Fill?

Fröhlich Kristina Kristina.Froehlich at dwd.de
Tue May 10 05:58:05 MDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

Just recently I found out, what causes sometimes (not always) a disturbed picture for a Europe zoom of ECHAM6 variables. While plotting correctly the whole globe NCL (6.2.0 and 6.2.1)  refuses for the first time step to do  properly the interpolation needed for the Area Fill over Europe. It does fine so for the second time step.

I played around with variable types and colormaps but it seems to come down to the resource of the Area Fill. As long, as I don't provide fix cnLevels its fine again but looks ugly.
As a work around I switched back to RasterFill which looks of course not so nice but does everything as wanted. I uploaded the ncl script and a testdata onto the ftp server as "AreaFillBug.tar".

Is there a way for AreaFill?

Best regards, Kristina