[ncl-talk] advect_variable problem

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon May 9 10:54:35 MDT 2016

As noted by Thomas, I made a mistake

=======

I noted the issue here:
    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/current_release.shtml

==
The 6.4.0 contributed.ncl supports both names.

undef("advect_var")
function advect_var (u:numeric, v:numeric, x:numeric,gridType[1]:integer
                    ,long_name:string, units:string, iopt[1]:integer)
begin
[SNIP]
end
;====================> Fix documentation name problem
undef("advect_variable")
function advect_variable (u:numeric, v:numeric,
x:numeric,gridType[1]:integer
                          ,long_name:string, units:string, iopt[1]:integer)
; advect_variable was the original function
begin
  return( advect_var(u, v, x, gridType, long_name, units, iopt) )
end
;---