[ncl-talk] Get Area average from a specified lat lon coordinates and plot vertical profile of value

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri May 6 07:06:05 MDT 2016

If you are

Did you look at the NCL Applications page? There are numerous HDF & TRMM
examples.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications

Click
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HDF.shtml

If you search fro A12 you will find:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/hdf4sds_6.ncl

Look at figures and code.

There are many A12 variants so this my not be exactly what you want.
Still it shoud get you started.

   rad  = 4.0*atan(1.0)/180.0
   CLAT = cos(lat2d*rad)         :these are the weights

Let CLAT(:,:) be the weights for the subregion you want and cloudWaterPath
be the values for that region at that level

    wAvg = new(nlevel,float,cloudWaterPath at _FillValue)
    wAvg(level) = sum(CLAT*cloudWaterPath(:,:,level)/sum(CLAT)

Good Luck

===
-
If you are new to NCL *please* read the documentation.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/

  Mini-Reference Manual

A pair of tutorials created by *Karin Meier-Fleischer* and *Michael
Böttinger* of DKRZ <https://www.dkrz.de/> (Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum)
are also available.