[ncl-talk] Fwd: two y axis

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 28 10:14:21 MDT 2016

Hi Rebecca,
Thanks for sending in a quick script and data file for us to see and test.
I think you want to set the resource tmYUseLeft = False. See example #6
here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/tickmarks.shtml#ex6

Once you set that resource to False you can control the righthand side
Y-axis separate from the left hand side. Here are the resources I added to
your script:
     sres2 at tmYUseLeft = False
     sres2 at tmYRMode = "Explicit"
     sres2 at tmYRValues = ispan(-30,30,10)
     sres2 at tmYRLabels = sres2 at tmYRValues

I have attached the resulting plot. Hope that helps. If not, please reply
to the ncl-talk email list.
Adam