[ncl-talk] Function rcm2rgrid producing "noisy" results

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 22 14:08:06 MDT 2016

The documentation and argument prototyping indicates that  latitude and
longitudes are expected. The function works on a sphere and uses distances
calculated via great circle distance formula.

function rcm2rgrid (

		lat2d [*][*] : numeric,
		lon2d [*][*] : numeric,
		fi           : numeric,
		lat      [*] : numeric,
		lon      [*] : numeric,
		Option       : numeric
	)

Hence, this is not the appropriate function to use.
========

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/interp.shtml

There are numerous interpolation functions. Maybe

==
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/dsgrid2.shtml
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/natgrid.shtml
==

Still, I'm not sure if these are appropriate for doubly periodic boundary
conditions.