[ncl-talk] Issue with bounding boxes

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 17 10:37:03 MDT 2016

Alyce,

In order to draw a multiple set of plots using three different calls to
gsn_panel, and keeping the plots the same size, it is important that each
set of plots is drawn to the same size area on the unit square.

I see that you are already setting gsnPanelTop and gsnPanelBottom, which is
a good start.  These need to each be set to a third of the canvas, however.

Once you do this, however, the plots are going to run into each other
because two of your rows have labelbars and one row doesn't.  This is where
gsnPanelYF comes in. It allows you to tweak the Y position of each plot.

I created a new example to demonstrate this, and I roughly based it on the
image you sent. Please see panel_38.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex38

--Mary