[ncl-talk] NCL map line and fill color

Ryan Connelly rconne01 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 14:47:37 MDT 2016

I'm using V6.0.0.

Trying to fill in my map background in a light tan and make my state lines
a dark brown.  Should be easy, but something is bonkers.  When I use named
color variables, the state line color will sometimes plot as something else
("Brown" plots as red, "Green" plots as blue, "Grey30" plots as purple,
etc.).  I also cannot get the map fill color to be anything at all, named
color or number.

Here's the section that contains my map plotting options:

; Set some basic resources
  res = True
  res at MainTitle                   = "REAL-TIME WRF"

  pltres = True
  mpres = True

  mpres at mpGeophysicalLineColor      = "orange4" ; inexplicably picks a
random different color
  mpres at mpNationalLineColor         = "Black"
  mpres at mpUSStateLineColor          = "Black"
  mpres at mpLimbLineColor             = "Black"
  mpres at mpPerimLineColor            = "Black"
  mpres at mpMonoFillColor             = True
  mpres at mpLandFillColor             = 7 ; inexplicably doesn't do anything
at all
  mpres at mpGeophysicalLineThicknessF = 4.0
  mpres at mpGridLineThicknessF        = 2.0
  mpres at mpLimbLineThicknessF        = 2.0
  mpres at mpNationalLineThicknessF    = 2.0
  mpres at mpUSStateLineThicknessF     = 2.0

  gsn_define_colormap(wks,"BkBlAqGrYeOrReViWh200")

Thanks,
Ryan

--
Ryan Connelly
M.S. Student in Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University
rconne01 at gmail.com
ryan.connelly at stonybrook.edu