[ncl-talk] Ways to speed up efficiency of ncl script

Andrew Kren - NOAA Affiliate andrew.kren at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 10 13:57:44 MST 2016

Dear ncl-talk,

I'm running this script (attached) twice daily to grab NAM forecast model
data and plot results. It plots data at each hour and several pressure
levels for two regional domains over the U.S. The program works great,
though it takes 200 minutes to finish, and I'm wondering what I may be
doing that is redundant that is slowing it down? I tried to eliminate some
things but it didn't seem to help. Are there any suggestions for how to
make this code more efficient?

Thanks for your always reliable help!

--
Andrew Kren, PhD
Research Scientist I, Global Observing Systems Analysis (GOSA) Group