[ncl-talk] Spaces between plots

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 7 10:19:47 MST 2016

Rebecca,

The cause of the spacing between the middle plots is due to the plot in the
very first row, which is the only plot that has tickmark labels.  gsn_panel
uses the first plot in its list to determine the sizing needed for all
other plots, because it assumes they are all the same size. The remaining
plots have extra spaces between them, because gsn_panel doesn't know that
they are all smaller than the first plot.

I don't know if this will help, but try telling gsn_panel to base its
resizing on the second plot in the list, rather than the first:

 pres1 at gsnPanelScalePlotIndex = 1                   ; Default is 0 (first
plot in list)
If this doesn't help, then could you provide me with your data files so I
can try running the script myself?

--Mary