[ncl-talk] cmorph rainfall

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 4 14:23:32 MST 2016

Hi Geeta,
The error message is telling you that there might be something amiss with
the coordinate variables of your array that will be plotted.

Looking at your script you have this:
nlat        =  1649
lat         = -59.963614 - ispan(0,nlat-1,1)*0.072771377

you then assign the lat array as a coordinate variable to the array to be
plotted. Running those two lines of code you end up with latitudes that run
from -59.96 through -179.8908. I am guessing that that is causing your
issue. You might want to check your lon array as well as those only run
from 0-352.

Hope that helps. If not, please respond to the ncl-talk email list.
Adam

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 11:05 PM, Geeta Geeta <geetag54 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This query has been posted recently by me. My apologies for reposting.
>
> I had trouble with plotting the Cmorph binary data of 2011.
> I converted the binary file to netcdf using CDO operator.
> I tried to plot this NC file but got the following warning message.
> .
>  missing_value :    -999
>
> Variable: rf_total
> Type: float
> Total Size: 32637008 bytes
>             8159252 values
> Number of Dimensions: 3
> Dimensions and sizes:    [1] x [lat | 1649] x [lon | 4948]
> Coordinates:
>             lat: [-59.963614..59.963615296]
>             lon: [0.036378335..359.963619878]
> Number Of Attributes: 5
>   missing_value :    -999
>   long_name :    cmorph [ mm/hr ]
>   time :       0
>   lev :       1
>   _FillValue :    -999
>
> *warning:ContourPlotDraw: out of range coordinates encountered; standard
> line rendering method may be unreliable; consider setting the resource
> trGridType to "TriangularMesh" if coordinates contain missing values*
>
> After I added the res at trGridType = "TriangularMesh"
>
> after adding this Res, my plot has no data plotted (plot attached).
>
> can someone suggest
>
> Geeta.

Adam Phillips