[ncl-talk] problem in GridMask using ESMF regrid

Liu, Peng pliu34 at gatech.edu
Wed Mar 2 13:35:39 MST 2016

Dear NCL community,
  I am writing this email to report an issue associated with the mask when using ESMF regrid in NCL (version 6.2.1).
  When generating the source grid file, I would like to mask the grids based on if source data is missing on specific grid cell. Hence, based on the example on NCL website, I
used Opt at GridMask = where (.not. ismissing (source data),1,0). However, in the generated source grid file, field of grid_imask has a constant value of 1 for all grids, which means the Opt at GridMask was not working properly.
  I then switched to use Opt at Mask2D, and it worked.

Best
Peng Liu