[ncl-talk] Symbol ">"

HAVENER, KEVIN F GS-12 USAF ACC 14 WS/WXED kevin.havener at us.af.mil
Thu Jun 23 13:03:03 MDT 2016

I invoked your both versions of your commands from the ncl command line with your test data within (no path specified) and from a different directory (path specified).  Both worked as expected.  As far as I can tell, you are building your system command string correctly.  I built it, stored it in a variable named cmd_string, then did a print(cmd_string) to verify I built it correctly.  Then I executed system(cmd_string) and it worked fine.

I didn't check the rest of your script, maybe you need to do a system("ls") to make sure the files were created as you intended before invoking system("paste").  It seems that if the files are there, the paste command works.  I tested this with ncl-6.3.0.

Kevin Havener,